So, you think you want to run for office? Let’s do it!
The Ohio Democratic Party’s “Main Street Initiative” and LEAD Ohio PAC prepare people to run for office and serve their communities. We are hosting FREE virtual trainings – via Zoom – on what you need to know to make your decision on running for office.
Register to hear about:
- Who should consider running for office.
- The realities of public service – from candidates and elected officials firsthand.
- What offices are available in your area in 2023 (including school board, city council, mayor, township trustee and others) and who to contact if you are interested.
- How to get on the ballot, begin planning your campaign and how the Ohio Democratic Party can help with training and services.
- Why it is so important for progressives and Democrats to run and serve in local office.
- What’s up in 2024 and how to plan for running in that year.
To run, you will need to get organized ahead of the filing deadline. The filing deadline is when you have to pay a small fee (usually less than $50), turn in signatures (usually 50 or fewer), and complete other paperwork to get on the ballot. In 2023, there are over 6,000+ offices up across Ohio. The vast majority of them have filing deadlines in August (non-partisan races which means the political party is not on the ballot), but about 20% of the filing deadlines are between February and June 2023 – so you need to start a bit earlier!
This is just the beginning: Later this year, we will hold a series of virtual and in-person in-depth trainings around the state on how to run a campaign and WIN!
The next session:
Thursday, February 23, 2023 | 7:00pm – 8:30pm
You must register for this event.
To register, visit here:
So, You want to Run? Running for Office 101