Your contributions DO make a difference!
When you contribute to the Erie County Democratic Party,
you make a difference within Erie County!
Please send checks payable to:
- Erie County Democratic Party
P.O. Box 135
Sandusky, OH 44871-0135
- If you are sending a check,
you must print and include this
Contribution Form to send with your check.
Or contribute online! Easy and Safe!
- Online contribution are made through ActBlue.
- ActBlue is the nation’s largest source of funds for Democrats. Launched in 2004, ActBlue created and deployed the next generation of online fundraising tools, enabling individuals and groups to raise money for Democratic candidates.
THE ELIMINATION OF THE
OHIO POLITICAL PARTY FUND
Amended Substitute H.B. 166 (State Operating Budget) was passed by the legislature and signed into law on July 18, 2019 by Governor Mike DeWine (R). Until then, you had an opportunity to help your state and local county parties at no cost to you by checking the Ohio Political Party Fund box on your Ohio state tax return! As of January 1, 2020, the checkoff on your Ohio state tax return will no longer be available as an option.
Checking “Yes” indicated to the Ohio State Treasurer that you wanted money from the Ohio Political Parties Fund to do three things:
- Pay for the necessary annual audits of the State & County Political Parties;
- Give half of the remaining funds to the Ohio State Parties; and
- Divide the other half to each county party – both Democratic and Republican – in accordance with the ratio that the number of checkoffs in each county bears to the total number of checkoffs.
- Public funding through the Ohio Political Party Fund kept campaign finance more transparent by limiting donations from dark money organizations that are not required to disclose their donors.
These funds are restricted-use funds, which are mainly used to conduct voter registration, outreach programs and to operate and maintain offices. They could not be used to further the election or defeat of any particular candidate or to influence directly the outcome of any candidate or issue election.
Over 300,000 Ohio taxpayers designated one dollar – $1.00 – of their state taxes to strengthen the two-party system. Making this donation did not increase the total amount of tax you owed nor reduced the refund you received.
If you wish to donate, please consider donating directly to your local Erie County Democratic Party via ActBlue or by sending your check payable to the Erie County Democratic Party, P.O. Box 135, Sandusky, OH 44870.