So, you think you want to run for office? Let’s do it!
The Ohio Democratic Party’s “Main Street Initiative” and LEAD Ohio PAC prepare people to run for office and serve their communities.
Campaign Management Bootcamp (In-Person Around Ohio) – links to register below. You can think of this as Running for Office 301! This bootcamp will cover topics like planning your campaign, crafting your message and narrative as a candidate, fundraising, engaging with the media and getting your message out via various communications channels, direct voter contact and field organizing, and more. Once you are accepted, you will receive the location, full schedule, and other materials. This training is free and lunch is provided! Because each event has a fixed number of spots, priority will go to candidates, staff, and volunteers who plan to get involved in 2023 campaigns, though we also welcome potential future candidates, party activists and volunteers, and other good Democrats who want to get involved to register as well.
- Each bootcamp will go from roughly 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- You must register for the event.
- Once you register, you will receive site and other materials closer to the event.
- Saturday, March 4 in Cuyahoga County (North Olmsted) – Click here to register
- Saturday, April 1 in Central Ohio (Columbus suburbs) – Click here to register
- Saturday, April 29 in Warren County – Click here to register
- Saturday, June 3 in Wood County – Click here to register
More dates/locations will be announced.