Candidates > Senator Sherrod Brown – 2018
Senator Sherrod Brown - 2018
- Friends of Sherrod Brown
3687 West Market Street, Ste. 289
Akron, OH 44333
- Have a question about your contribution? Please call 330-835-9790.
Making Work Pay
As he announced his pro-worker agenda, Brown said, "Three decades later, the hopes and desires I hear from Ohioans haven't really changed. They want the same things as those steelworkers: to be valued for the work they do, to be able to save for the future, to own a home, to take the family on a vacation once in a while, and to build better lives for their children."
Brown's plan includes the following proposals:
- Raising the minimum wage and increasing the overtime salary threshold
- Requiring companies to provide earned sick leave and family leave
- Cracking down on wage theft and worker misclassification
- Requiring advance notice for employee schedules
- Expanding and strengthening collective bargaining rights
- Redefining independent contractor status
- Making retirement and savings programs more accessible and portable for all workers
- Preventing employers from shifting workforce costs onto the taxpayers by establishing a "Corporate Freeloader Fee"
- For Democrats, Sherrod Brown is key voice in Trump era | The Columbus Dispatch