Responsibilities of Central & Executive Committee Members
To be a responsible Central and Executive Committee Member
- As a Democrat, vote in every election
- Attend Executive Committee Meetings regularly to stay informed about all candidates and issues
- Ensure your family, friends and neighbors are registered to vote -- and vote in every election
- Assist those who move into your precinct with a voter change of address
- Provide absentee/early voting ballot application forms to those who are eligible to vote
- Follow all duties as prescribed by the Ohio Revised Code
Support all Democratic candidates and their campaigns
- Assist with gathering signatures for Democratic candidates by carrying petitions
- Assist Democratic candidates find yard sign locations
- Schedule precinct walks with candidates, family, neighbors and friends to distribute campaign literature, materials and yard signs
- Attend fundraisers and/or other events benefiting Democratic candidates and the ECDP
- Host a house meeting/coffee reception for a Democratic candidate
- Write letters to your local newspaper editor that support Democratic positions and/or candidates
Support all Erie County Democratic Party activities
- Attend fundraisers sponsored by the ECDP, Democratic Women of Erie County and as many Democratic candidates events as possible
- Volunteer to help your ECDP with special events and/or activities
- Attend Democratic workshops and conferences -- locally, state wide or nationally
Be an active and enthusiastic Democrat
- Be positive and supportive of Democrats. We can be our own best friend or our own worst enemy.
- Know why you are a Democrat. Know why you are involved in Democratic politics and why you believe others should be involved, too. People will ask!
- Be informed about all Democratic candidates and issues. Know the backgrounds, strengths and qualifications of all Democratic candidates running for office -- locally, state wide and nationally. Know what the issues are and why they are important.
- Make sure family, friends and neighbors vote in every election -- as Democrats!
- Recruit Democrats to volunteer for campaigns, invite them to Democratic meetings, fundraisers, events and/or other activities.
- Assist in finding Democrats to fill vacant precinct seats who will be active, enthusiastic members.
- Always be on the lookout for Democrats who will be good candidates for elective office!
MOST OF ALL: BE INFORMED * BE ACTIVE * BE SUPPORTIVE!
Developed by David M. Ferrell, Chairman/Clark County Democratic Party
Edited by Amy F. Grubbe, Chairwoman/Erie County Democratic Party
specifically for the Erie County Democratic Party